Highest grade printing
All prints are done using one of the highest printing processes on the highest grade paper, Moab slickrock Metalic Pearl 260gsm paper. The reason I only print on this type of paper is the exceptional quality, very large colour gamut and ultra high gloss pearlescent appearance. It also has a strong resistance to light fading and with correct mounting and framing will last for many years without any signs of fading.
All prints on this website are available for sale. Simply select your size and click on the buy now button. You will be redirected to a Paypal checkout page where you can either choose to pay with Paypal or Credit Card. Sizes vary from print to print and depend on what I feel comfortable as the threshold where size meets quality.
Print or Plexiglass
You may choose to purchase the print only, in which case, it will come rolled up and you can have it mounted yourself the way you wish. If you choose the plexiglass option, the print comes encapsulated between acrylic glass and a sintra layer with a back frame to hang on the wall. This option is safest as it protects your work better and extends it's life expectancy.
Prints are limited
The prints are all signed and come numbered. This ensures that they keep accumulating value over time. I limit the number of prints to 250 total for each photo.
Once all editions are sold out, the image is retired and can no longer be printed.
All works will be packaged with great care and sent via FedEx with a tracking number to ensure all goes smoothly when shipping the print to you. All print-only images that are smaller than 20x30 will be shipped flat, and all images over this size will be shipped rolled. Please take great care in removing the print from its packaging. My turn-around time for all print orders can be as soon as 1-2 weeks to Canada and US and closer to 3 weeks for international shipping. If you have a tight deadline feel free to contact me and I will be happy to discuss other options.
Money Back Guarantee
I am highly confident that you will be more than satisfied with the quality of my fine art prints, however if you aren't happy for any reason, I offer a 30 day money back guarantee (providing I receive the print in the same condition in which you received it).
Any prints damaged in transit are replaced free of charge on return.
"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Alex's well rounded, shapely glutes. Besides destroying me at the gym he also makes me feel small in many other ways." - Mike Mendell executive producer at Just for Laughs
"I think the thing that gets me the most worked up about Alex's work is his fresh new look on my home town of Montreal. I purchased one of his prints of the Montreal skyline depicting a familiar location from a vantage point I have never personally seen. His ability to work the shot bringing to me both the charm of the city I love with a new twist is what I most enjoy. I am just as excited to own a piece of his work as I am to see his next project!" - Robbie Johnstone
"While immediately visually striking, the contrasts in the pictures make the familiar Montreal locations they portray seem brand new and exciting - as if you're seeing them for the first time through someone else's eyes." - Alex Russel
Art should not be restricted but shared with the world, to soothe and inspire creativity in one another. As for my licensing policies, they are designed to balance costs that go into creating and sharing those images.
You may use my images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Alex Rykov must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use Of The Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing a trip to Paris
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License To Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Alex Rykov. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Use Requiring A License To Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home